WTC Utah is Hiring a Director of International Programs
SALT LAKE CITY, UT—We Are Hiring: Director of International Programs Are you passionate about connecting with high-level partners around the world and helping Utah businesses build global relationships? Are you a hands-on manager who can delegate but also jump in and get the job done? Are you detail-oriented and good at managing large, complex programs? Do you enjoy working in small teams and on dynamic projects?
If you answered “yes” to these questions, we have a role you should explore.
Applications for this position are due on November 29, 2022.
The Director of International Programs is accountable for leading the organization’s efforts to develop and execute these programs, recruiting Utah businesses to participate in these international business trips, and working with private and public stakeholders to manage program funding. The Director of International Programs may also serve as an expert on international policy issues, including how geopolitical trends affect international business.
- Lead the team to deliver high-impact trade missions, trade shows, and business trips.
- Organize 1-2 governor-led trade missions per year.
- Organize 2-3 industry- or sector-focused business trips per year.
- Organize 5-7 trade shows per year.
- Set goals, build and manage your team, be accountable for results, and improve our capabilities for executing on your part of our mission.
- Build WTC Utah’s network of international partners and develop strong relationships with local government officials, industry associations, and business leaders.
- Coordinate cross-functionally with other WTC Utah departments and teams to improve communication and optimize services.
- Serve as an expert on key international policy issues and working with other teams to develop WTC Utah’s brand as a local and national thought leader.
- Support programming for inbound trade missions and other foreign delegations, as needed.