5 Reasons to Retrofit Your HVAC Rooftop Unit
If your business owns or operates in a commercial building, your utility bill is probably too high. Commercial buildings are notorious energy-wasters, and one of the biggest culprits is the HVAC rooftop unit (RTU). Most buildings have outdated RTUs that operate inefficiently, which increases utility costs. The good news is there are modern retrofit solutions like Transformative Wave’s CATALYST technology that will help operate your HVAC systems more efficiently and save you money. But, saving money isn’t the only reason you should retrofit your RTU. Here are the top five reasons you should retrofit your old RTU with the CATALYST today.
- Save energy. Your building’s RTU is likely running at all times, regardless of whether anyone is actually inside your building, wasting tons of energy. A retrofit with the CATALYST will easily solve this problem. In fact, the CATALYST can create an energy savings of up to 57 percent! The CATALYST controls fan speed; measures and manages temperatures, humidity, carbon dioxide levels, and space pressure; and automatically adjusts airflow. These are just a few of the ways the CATALYST will make your RTU operate more efficiently and save energy.
- Extend your equipment’s life. When you retrofit your RTU with the CATALYST, you’re adding years to the life of your RTU. For example, the technology includes a soft start of the fan motors, which reduces belt, pulley, and motor wear. Its advanced economizer techniques reduce compressor runtime. And, because the CATALYST automatically adjusts airflow, the RTU equipment is always protected. These features will help keep your RTU up and running, giving you one less thing to worry about.
- Better for your occupants. Unlike outdated RTUs, a system retrofitted with the CATALYST will automatically adjust airflow, temperatures, and humidity to maintain comfort levels and indoor air quality. Additionally, slower fan speeds create less air noise and eliminate drafts, while CO2 sensors assure proper ventilation and code compliance. In short, your clients, customers, and employees will feel more comfortable in your building.
- Rebates make retrofitting affordable. If you think retrofitting your RTU is too expensive, think again. Rocky Mountain Power’s wattsmart® program has teamed with Transformative Wave to bring the game-changing CATALYST to businesses. The program offers financial subsidies of up to $4,500 per RTU, covering 50 to 70 percent of the cost. There’s no better time than now to take advantage of these subsidies.
- Evaluated by Experts. The CATALYST is a game-changing system that can reduce RTU energy use by up to 57 percent. But don’t just take our word for it. Several utilities and third-party organizations have validated these results. And several businesses, like H&M, Whole Foods Market and McDonald’s, have already acted to retrofit their RTUs with the CATALYST, resulting in astounding energy and cost savings. It is so effective that it is the only RTU retrofit solution to be validated by the Department of Energy.
To learn how your business can Catch the Wave and take advantage of Rocky Mountain Power’s wattsmart® incentives to install the CATALYST, visit catchthewave.info today.