Fear Factory recognized as “Top Haunt” in Salt Lake City
Salt Lake City — The Fear Factory (http://fearfactoryslc.com/), Salt Lake City’s only truly haunted attraction was named one of the “top haunted attractions” in the country by the Haunted Attraction Association (HAA), the only official association in the haunt industry. To be designated, attractions must be recognized as a member of HAA while also satisfying a list of 10 criteria related to the mission of HAA – to protect customers, promote haunted attractions, and educate industry experts, and is the only Utah haunted house recognized on the list.
“The most important aspect of our jobs is prioritizing visitor safety,” says Spencer Terry, president of the HAA. “The Top Haunts certification rewards those attractions that have been in operation for at least ten years and are not only leaders in delivering some of the best attractions in the business, but also in setting the bar high for best practices in safety.”
The list of the official 2021 “HAA Top Haunted Attractions,” can be found here.
“This year we’re celebrating our ten-year anniversary and over the course of the last decade we’ve worked incredibly hard to provide a fun and safe experience for our fans,” says Rob Dunfield, Fear Factory co-founder and COO. “We’re honored to be included on the list of the top haunts by the Haunted Attraction Association. As an industry leader, and again recognized as one of the best, we set the bar high, and love seeing our fans visit us each year to enjoy a world-class haunted house venue..”
As part of its ten-year anniversary celebration, Fear Factory has a number of special events and surprises planned, including:
- Back Stage Tours. Fans always ask how the Fear Factory does it and this season fans can go backstage for a behind the scenes tour that lasts over 2 hours.
- The New Manor. The Vampire Manor is a fan favorite and will be entirely new this year. Every year the Fear Factory team rebuilds an area of the haunt and this year the entire Manor is designed to be highly immersive.
- Timed Ticketing. Last season the Fear Factory adopted timed ticketing and fans appreciated the shorter lines and extra space within the haunt.
- Bounce Back Passes. Many people go through the haunted house once and want to go back to relive the experience. This season fans can bounce back for a second visit at a reduced price on certain dates.
- New Photo Ops. Two seasons ago the Fear Factory introduced selfie stations for fans to share their experiences on social media. These selfie stations quickly became a fan favorite and to commemorate the 10-year anniversary, the Fear Factory is adding new photo ops to help fans remember and share their visit, both for the general public, and specific ones, only available in the VIP queue.
- More General Admission (GA) Ticketing. Last year ticketing was limited due to the COVID-19 pandemic and this year will feature more GA tickets for fans that decide last minute to come check the Fear Factory out.
- $25 off an in-home spooky magic seance. Use the discount code in your admission ticket purchase auto-confirmation email to save $25 off the $40 seance family magic show. This year, the seance will be via zoom video conference, so gather friends and family for a fun halloween event, in your own home, for only $15!
Fear Factory will be open on Friday and Saturday through September. On Friday, October 1, Fear Factory will be open Thursday – Sunday before opening nightly on Thursday, October 21. The 2021 season will end with the Fear Factory’s traditional Lights-out Weekend on Friday, November 5, and Saturday, November 6, 2021.
The Fear Factory is located at 666 West and 800 South in downtown Salt Lake City, Utah. For a complete list of Fear Factory’s 2021 events or to buy tickets visit, www.fearfactoryslc.com.
About The Fear Factory
Fear Factory is one of the top Halloween attractions in the world, made up of 6 buildings, up to 6 stories high, with 2 underground passages, and is a massive haunted attraction in Salt Lake City, Utah, U.S.A. With awards ranking them as #3 in the world (buzzfeed.com), and top 10 in the US (USA Today & Travel Channel) Fear Factory has quickly grown to be one of Utah’s – and the world’s – favorite Halloween entertainment attractions. Its vastness requires a waiver to be signed prior to entry, and opens each fall, plus periodically throughout the year for special events. Home to over 11 documented historical deaths, featured in movies and films, boasts over 100 nightly live actors, and heavily awarded within the industry, it’s a great place to bring family, friends, coworkers and more for an evening of entertainment, thrills and fun. For more information visit www.fearfactoryslc.com.
About The Haunted Attraction Association
The Haunted Attraction Association, the only official association in the haunt industry, serves as the voice of the haunted attraction industry. Our mission is to promote our worldwide network of haunted attractions including Haunted Houses, Haunted Hayrides, Scream Parks, Mega-Haunts, Halloween Festivals, Haunted Outdoor Trails, Corn Mazes, and Amusement Park Halloween Events. Our goal is to protect our customers through education and networking of our members. Visit www.hauntedattractionassociation.com or call 616-439-4220.