Utah Business, Roseman University and Snow Christensen & Martineau are pleased to present the Utah Healthcare Solutions Summit.
The healthcare landscape is as uncertain as ever for businesses, their employees and entrepreneurs. The annual Utah Healthcare Summit will take a hard look at the reform efforts in Congress and what they may mean for Utah’s healthcare system, as well as the nation’s continuing opioid crisis and efforts to change the trajectory of that epidemic.
The half-day summit will feature two roundtable discussions:
Replacing the Affordable Care Act has been the hot topic in Congress for months. While we still don’t know the outcome of reform efforts, we do know that change is coming – even if the Affordable Care Act is left in place, insurance markets will continue to destabilize across the country without legislative intervention. What does all of this mean for Utah and our healthcare system?
- Dr. Brian Shiozawa, State Senator and Emergency Care Physician at St. Mark’s Hospital
- Greg Poulsen, Chief Strategy Officer at Intermountain Healthcare
- Jennifer Danielson, VP of Public Affairs and Strategic Advocacy at Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Utah
- Austin Miller, Managing Partner at IsoTalent
- MODERATOR: Jeana Hutchings, Principal at Diversified Insurance Group
The Opioid Crisis
Utah is not immune to the nation’s opioid epidemic. In fact, the problem reaches into every community – urban, suburban and rural – across the state. What are the factors contributing to the epidemic, and what are community, government and healthcare leaders doing to combat the trend?
- Dr. Karen F. Buchi, Chief, Division of General Pediatrics at the University of Utah
- Dr. Benjamin Thatcher, Chief Medical Officer at Valley Mental Health
- Dr. Joseph K. Miner, Executive Director at the Utah Department of Health
- MODERATOR: Greg Bell, President and CEO at the Utah Hospital Association
The Healthcare Solutions Summit includes admission to the annual Healthcare Heroes luncheon, which celebrates healthcare providers, administrators, educators, volunteers and innovators who work every day toward one goal: providing quality care to patients.
Please join us on September 26 for one of the most important healthcare events in the state of Utah. Space is limited and this must-attend event will sell out.
Individual tickets and Corporate Table sponsorships are available. We look forward to seeing you there!
If you need assistance or would prefer to place your order over the phone, please call Lynnette Cloward at 801-839-1411 or email email@example.com.