Bank of Utah and Partners Deliver 250 Bags of Warm Clothes to 13 Charities
Ogden— Santa isn’t the only one making deliveries for Christmas. Bank of Utah, Arctic Circle Restaurants and Red Hanger have begun delivering more than 250 bags and barrels full of warm clothing to 13 Utah charities this week, that they collected for their eighth annual Warm Bodies, Warm Souls coat drive. The three Utah-based businesses invited the public to drop off new underwear and socks and new or gently used coats, hats, scarves, gloves and blankets at their locations from Tremonton to St. George in November and December.
“The cold weather came early this year and local charities have put out a plea for warm clothes for their clients. That’s why we tried to make donating as easy as possible, with 70 drop off locations between our great partners,” said Douglas L. DeFries, Bank of Utah president. “We extend our gratitude to all who donated, and to Arctic Circle and Red Hanger, for making Warm Bodies, Warm Souls a success. With everyone’s help, we are able to warm the bodies and souls of individuals and families who are down on their luck this winter.”
To say thank you, Arctic Circle offered a coupon for a free double cheeseburger to those who donated at their restaurants, and Red Hanger gave customers a certificate for a free shirt cleaning for donating at their dry cleaner locations. Bank of Utah offered donors their choice of the coupons at bank branches.
Bank of Utah, Red Hanger and Arctic Circle are distributing donations to the following charities over the next two weeks:
● Joyce Hansen Hall Food Bank – Ogden
● The Lantern House – Ogden
● Cache Community Food Pantry – Logan
● Tremonton Community Pantry – Tremonton
● Family Support Center – Brigham City
● Community Action Services and Food Bank – Provo
● Crossroads Urban Center – Salt Lake City
● The Road Home’s Midvale Family Shelter and Men’s Homeless Resource Center – Salt Lake City
● Geraldine King Women’s Homeless Resource Center operated by Volunteers of America, Utah – Salt Lake City
● Gail Miller Homeless Resource Center for Men and Women operated by Catholic Community Services – Salt Lake City
● Bountiful Community Pantry – Bountiful
● Heber Valley Center Stage – Heber
● Hope Pregnancy Center – St. George
For more information about the coat drive visit bankofutah.com/warm-bodies-warm-souls.