Alta View Hospital Campus Expansion Unveiled
Salt Lake City―After more than three years of construction, Intermountain Healthcare’s Alta View Hospital $140 million campus and renovation expansion project, the largest healthcare construction project currently underway in the Salt Lake Valley, was unveiled on Wednesday and is ready to open to the community for a free community open house on Saturday from 9 a.m. to noon.
The campus expansion and renovation – which includes a major clinic expansion (completed in 2017) and an updated hospital tower — had two aims:
1) greater community access to better meet the needs of the growing communities in the Southeast corner of the Salt Lake Valley, including Sandy, Draper, and Cottonwood Heights, and;
2) combining and expanding medical services to better serve patients.
Greater community access to medical care
Providing additional quality healthcare services close to home is a major purpose of the renovation of the Alta View hospital campus. The renovation will allow members of the community to get care for the majority of healthcare services they need without leaving their neighborhood – from day-to-day health concerns to urgent and emergency care.
The renovation and expansion project improves access to a wider range of specialties and new technology on the Alta View campus and is designed to offer patients the services they need in a one-stop shop format. Historically, hospital and clinic services were peppered throughout the campus and even Sandy City. Now, patients will be able to transition easily from their primary care physician to specialty care and on to services offered in the hospital, like imaging and surgical services.
Timeline and services:
Alta View Clinic: Opened in December 2017, offering a full range of services at the four-story, 170,000 square foot clinic, including: InstaCare and KidsCare, podiatry, diabetes, family medicine, retail optical shop, allergy, cardiology, dermatology, ear/nose/throat, gastroenterology, general surgery, imaging services, internal medicine, lab and phlebotomy, oculoplastics, ophthalmology and optometry, orthopedic surgery, pediatrics, pharmacy, physical medicine and rehabilitation, physical therapy, plastic surgery, pulmonology, senior services, sports medicine, women’s services, and urology.
Alta View Hospital: The renovated hospital will open to the public on Feb. 2. The renovation revitalizes the look of the campus and include improvements in technology, patient flow, larger patient rooms, and more. Features include:
> A four-story patient tower to house a number of hospital services
> A more modern and attractive facility and campus
> Spacious inpatient rooms
> State-of-the-art surgical suites
More information about the Alta View Hospital campus renovation and expansion project can be found online at www.AltaViewHospital.org/
New hospital includes:
- Integrated OR technology
- Telehealth in all ED rooms, all ICU rooms, available in select patient rooms
- New inpatient physical therapy space
- Shelled floor for future growth
- Select rooms outfitted with ceiling patient lifts, structure designed to support lifts in all patient rooms
- New Emergency Department, Surgery, ICU, inpatient unit, Sterile Processing departments
- New Central Utility Plant
- Rooftop helipad
- Plenty of natural light
- Building orientation is long in the E-W direction to try and preserve neighbor views as much as possible
- LEED certification (industry standard for sustainability measures)
- Easier access to Emergency Department
- Better visibility
- Site slopes were a challenge, used them to our advantage